More or a less a brilliant answer to two of our scarcest resources, space and money. Kasitas are essentially elite modern micro homes that are pre-designed to fit just about anywhere. And when I saw anywhere, I mean anywhere. Think — backyards zoned for ADU (accessory dwelling units) utilized to be rented out as Airbnb’s, remote open land space purposed to house workforce populations, dense urban developments catering to populations from multifamily apartments to student housing, and even creative districts which host sound and art studios. As long as zoning permits, a Kasita can also go anywhere your imagination can. Here’s the specs.
- How big? Independent units are 374 square feet in size, and high density stackable units are 408 to 816 square feet
- Designed how? From the ground up with a custom steel frame. Kasitas are prefabricated but considered permanent structures (making them different than mobile homes)
- What’s included? Full amenities including a walk-in shower, refrigerator, oven, cooktop, washer/dryer, and queen bed that tucks away
- Legitimacy? Kasita homes are built to the International Building Code and have a ten year structural warranty
- Price? $89,00 – 95,000 and can be financed like a traditional home with a mortgage